Wednesday 7 June 2017

LIFE - Reviewed




"A team of scientists aboard the International Space Station discover a rapidly evolving life form, that caused extinction on Mars, and now threatens the crew and all life on Earth."

Director: Daniel Espinosa
Writers: Rhett Reese, Paul Wernick
Stars: Jake Gyllenhaal, Rebecca Ferguson, Ryan Reynolds

Hello Folks,
Jonny T here with my review of my recent cinema trip to see sci-fi/horror movie LIFE.

I saw the trailer a while back and got quite excited then avoided anything else to do with it as to avoid spoilers. Tickets booked, off we went.

From what I had seen it was kind of ALIEN looking and I tried to put that fact out of mind but struggled with it because of the classic ALIEN was always in the back of my mind!
Some big star actors couldn't save it for me. Don't get me wrong there were some genuine great moments that made me cringe but overall the whole threat/scare level wasn't there. The ending was supposed to be a twist but honestly I personally could see it a mile off.
The visuals were great, Set aboard the international space station you had that thing as in the movie Gravity where things were constantly spinning that looked good, The first death (no spoilers) was pretty gross but honestly the CGI blood was dodgy as fuck, I reckon they must have added that afterwards when the budget had been just about spent!


The Mars alien jelly blob continues on a rampage throughout the ship and it's intelligence grows with it but unfortunately the tension didn't for me anyway.
The ending obviously leaves it wide open for a sequel/franchise and to be honest with all my moans i'd happily watch a follow up, Not the greatest but and easy watch that gets a little too much sentimental with character reflections on their lives at points but if you fancy something with a good bit of gore in space it's not that bad.
6/10 for me.
Jonny T



No comments:

Post a Comment